We had a small excess of Tahitian Limes ripen, so I tried a test batch of Tahitian Lime Marmalade.
The marmalade is light coloured, sweet and tangy.
The downside is that the fruit is full of seeds, not just in the equatorial plane but distributed right through it, so scooping seeds out is quite a task.
It is the first time I have made jam from these, and essentially I used the 40:60 mix from FAO’s Generic Jam Recipe, though being limes no acid was needed, in fact about 6g of Sodium Bicarbonate per kg of fruit to achieve the ideal pH of 3.2-3.3. The limes were cooked to release some Pectin, but a little Pectin 10g/kg) was added as the cooked fruit gave a slightly weak reaction in Methylated Spirits.
Endpoint was assessed by measuring Brix using a refractometer, confirmed by setting a drop of jam on a cold plate.